EV4X Series Firmware for Mobile Routers
EV3X series firmware is used on the EZR24 and EZR34 series routers. They use the same MediaTek MT7621 architecture with 880MHz clock speed, 256MB memory, and 32MB flash memory.
The EV4X firmware supports multiple 4G LTE modems and even 5G-NR modules. It’s built-in various mobile modem drivers and multiple networking protocols to control the 3G/4G/5G modem and connect to mobile networks.
Powered by open-source firmware, you have full root authority to access the web interface, SSH Telnet terminal, and file system.
- NEW: Display connected 4G-LTE or 5G-NR network on the front page.
- TWEAK: Updated 5G signal evaluation in different background colors.
- TWEAK: Optimized modem path for rapid dialing to the mobile networks.
Download EV4039 firmware for the below routers
- FIX: The WiFi subsystem driver has been upgraded to improve wireless signal robustness and captive portal detection reliability.
- NEW: IP Security (IPSec) support has now been integrated. IPSec virtual private networking (VPN) tunnels can now be configured through the admin interface under Services -> IPSec.
- TWEAK: The mobile connection monitoring failover program (Watchdog) interval has been increased from 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
- FIX: Showing signal quality under the mobile “4G-PPP” protocol.
- FIX: Upgraded Wi-Fi access point driver.
- FIX: Upgraded VOIP support plugins.
- NEW: QMI-Cellular protocol under the “Mobile” interface.
- NEW: Modify the TTL value easily on each interface.
- TWEAK: Locked the “Mobile” interface’s firewall zone.
Firmware Upgrade Tutorial
DO NOT turn off the power while flashing and resetting the firmware!
If you run a critical upgrade with a leap of several versions, please choose “Local Upgrade” below and unselect the “Keep Settings” option.
- Log in router admin. Go to “System > Backup / Flash Firmware”;
- Find the section of “Flash new firmware image”;
- Suggest unselecting the “Keep Settings” option to avoid conflicts;
- Click the “Choose File” button on the row of “Image,” then click the button of “Flash Image…”;
- Compare the MD5SUM code and click the “Proceed” button to start flashing new firmware;
- Wait for 5 minutes, then connect to the router by Wi-Fi or LAN, and re-log into the router’s IP address.
Note: If you choose “Keep Settings” on step 3, the router’s password is the same. If you have not kept settings, the default password is none. Click the “Login” button to access the admin panel.
It requires an Internet connection to download the firmware file online. Please make sure your 4G router is connected to the Internet.
- After logging into the router, go to “System > Backup / Flash Firmware” on the top menu.
- Scroll down to the last section of “Online Upgrade.”
- Click the button “Check New Version.”
- If a newer version is available, it will start downloading automatically, then jump to the verify page.
- Click “Proceed” to flash the latest firmware. It will keep your current settings.
- Wait for 4~5 minutes until finish the flashing job. Then connect to the router by Wi-Fi or LAN, and re-log into the router’s IP address.
Note: If the device lacks a Hostname, Model number, or Serial Number, it will fail to download the firmware file. Please use the “Local Upgrade” option to upload firmware files manually.